In 1958 the First Lions Club in Sri Lanka Lions Club of Colombo Host was inaugurated on the 15th of April 1958 and was chartered on 27th August 1958 with 24 members as a Club of Sub-District 304 - South India.
By the year 1966 with six Lions Clubs and 235 Members, Sri Lanka was demarcated as a Provisional District.
In the year 1969 the First Leo Club, Leo Club of Wattala was chartered. By that time the number of Lions Clubs also grew to 25 with 811 members.
With mandatory 30 clubs and a membership of 882, Sri Lanka was carved out as District 306 – Sri Lanka in 1972.
With the rapid growth of the Lions movement in the country, the District 306 with 82 Clubs and 2592 Lions was divided into Two Sub-Districts as 306A and 306B in 1978 and in 1989 District 306 C was formed encompassing the principal cities of Kandy, Moratuwa and Nawala.
Finally in 2005 the main 3 districts, the Multiple District 306 A, B and C were further sub-divided as A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2 which are the currently prevailing districts since then. The Lions Multiple now consists of more than 600 with a strong 6000+.
Currently the Lions Multiple 306 - Sri Lanka is lead under the guidance and patronage of Multiple Council Chairman, Lion Deva Peter MJF for the fiscal year 2020/2021.
Lions are changing the world one community at a time, by addressing needs at home and around the globe. We are 1.4 million men and women who believe that kindness matters. And when we work together, we can achieve bigger goals.